Looking for data beyond that which is available on this site? Here are some helpful resources.
- CDC’s Health Indicator Sortable Stats
- Health Indicators Warehouse (HIW)
- CDC Data Catalog
- CDC’s Major Chronic Disease Surveillance Systems
- NATIONAL HEALTHCARE DISPARITIES REPORT 2012
- The role of U.S. public hospitals in urban health
- Socioeconomic status and health. The challenge of the gradient.
- Closing the gap in a generation: Health equity through action on the social determinants of health
- Food Access Research Atlas
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), an ongoing telephone survey of adult residents (18+), conducted by the MA Department of Public Health (DPH) in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- DPH offers the Massachusetts Community Health Information Profile (MassCHIP) which summarizes health data for selected cities (click here to generate a report).
- Gateway City 2011 Data provides health indicators data on the 24 Gateway Cities of Massachusetts (Prepared by James K. West and Malena Hood, BHISRE-REPI).
- Topic Index of Mass Health and Human Services provides links to an alphabetical index of programs and information within the Executive Office Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Portal.
- Our Healthy Massachusetts provides information to Massachusetts residents on the health status of their communities, as well as high-quality data to decision makers and communities. Note: includes no SouthCoast-specific data at this time.
- MetroBoston DataCommon is an interactive data portal and online mapping tool that provides a wealth of information about the state and region’s people, communities and neighborhoods through a wide variety of topics — from arts and education to the environment and transportation. Note: includes no SouthCoast-specific data at this time.
- Massachusetts Cancer Registry (MCR) collects information on all newly diagnosed cases of cancer in the state. These data provide important information for monitoring the impact of environmental and occupational hazards.
- Tobacco Cessation and Prevention works to improve public health in the Commonwealth by reducing death and disability from tobacco use.